Payroll Accountant and Human Resources Assistant
Job Title: Payroll and Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Processes bi-weekly payroll and provides administrative support to Human Resources department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- Update HRIS systems (Paylocity System) to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll ensuring that all employees are paid accurately, timely, and according to all Federal and State laws.
- Correct errors and add additional entries as needed into Paylocity.
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
- Answer the phone and direct calls to appropriate departments, as needed.
- Receive incoming guests.
- Reconcile benefits invoices and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the HR Manager.
- Compile data from personnel records and prepare reports to fulfill monthly/quarterly corporate reporting criteria.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process by posting available jobs on career websites and scheduling interviews.
- Assemble new hire benefit packages for employee orientations.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- File HR and personnel documents in filing cabinets and/or digital files as needed.
- Assemble employment files for new hires/re-hires/contract-to-hires and assist in onboarding into payroll system.
- Update and review policies and procedures.
- Make photocopies and e-fax as needed.
- Process incoming mail and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Order office supplies for the entire site and maintain a log of all orders for the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team Commitment – strong work ethic and team work essential
- Attention to Detail- commitment to accuracy
- Reliable – report to work on time and schedule absences ahead of time
- Communication – effectively communicate with all levels of the organization via written and verbal communication
- Confidentiality – strong ability to keep information private and only share information with others on a need-to-know basis
- Independence – ability to work under minimal supervision
- Organization – maintain an orderly and clean work environment
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two years of experience working in Human Resources
- Experience with HRIS and Payroll software (Paylocity software preferred)
- Minimum of six months’ experience in a customer service or public-facing role is desired.
- Intermediate skill level with the Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) strongly recommended.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Safe protocols to manage COVID exposures are in place and are to be followed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
VT Volant Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VT Volant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment