Job Title: Plant Controller
Reports To: VP/General Manager
DOT Code: DOT
FLSA Status: Exempt
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 401k Matching
- Medical Insurnace
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Short Term Disablity
- Long Term Disability
Reporting to the General Manager, the Controller plays a critical role as a member of the executive’s management team for strategic decision making and operations as VT Volant enhances its quality of offerings and undergoes substantial growth and value creation. The position is a hands-on, participatory leader who will oversee the Finance, including performing Accounting duties, Human Resources and Information Technology departments, including Strategy, Budgeting, Accounting, Risk Management and Contracts. As part of the VT Volant executive management team, the Controller will ensure realization of the organization’s short and long-term strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Coordinate and lead any audit processes, liaise with external/internal auditors
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the General Manager; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes to keep senior leadership team apprised of the organization’s financial status
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Key contributor to Executive Management Team influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, product development and financial forecasting
- Responsible for all financial and accounting functions including policy development and implementation, financial systems development and management, financial reporting, treasury, audit, business insurance and tax
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
- Develop and track key performance indicators for all departments and provide monthly report to VP/GM on performance and any corrective actions (A4’s) as required to achieve goals and support an auditable trail.
- Responsible for all human resources functions including policy development and implementation, systems development and management, headcount reporting, recruiting, state and international employment law changes.
- Support budgeted headcount vs. business plan and work load / demand and initiate employee requisitions with HR. Lead hiring process to recruit high potential personnel.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for managers, supervisors, leads and individuals through continuous coaching, assistance with skills development and identifying internal career paths.
- Support I/T Manager for continuing to maintain current software and hardware needs.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has supervisor responsibilities.
Budgetary responsibility for VT Volant Aerospace
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- High integrity.
- Leader that explains decisions. Transparent. Open style.
- Can share bad news/difficult problems early with GM, Board and Ownership.
- Courageous. Leans into hard decisions.
- Decisiveness in resolving differences with an urgency that is felt across the team.
- Truth seeker. Constant learner.
- Understands excellence and demands it. Has high standards.
- An inspiring communicator who knows how to adjust the depth of detail to each audience.
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical – this is a roll-up-your-sleeves position.
- Commercially adept – growth oriented and/or cost-cutting as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors Degree (or beyond) in Finance or Accounting
Minimum 8 years experience in leadership positions preferably related to aviation manufacturing or similar environment with aircraft, interiors designs and/or manufacturing.
Excellent communication and presentation skills: verbal and written.
Strong computer skills (ERP, MS Office, etc.).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Public Accountant is preferred, but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to travel 10-15% of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Volant Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VT Volant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.