Facilities Maintenance Assistant
The Facilities Maintenance Assistant is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the facility. This position will also coordinate services provided by outside contractors or vendors for various services.
Salary: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term Disability benefits
- Long Term Disability benefits
- Group life insurance
- Clean building by emptying trash, cleaning surfaces, sweeping and mopping floors.
- Clean and disinfect kitchen and appliances.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Mow lawns, trim shrubbery, plant flowers, and apply pesticides.
- Move heavy equipment and furniture.
- Notify Facilities Supervisor of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Monitors and replaces light fixtures throughout the facility, as needed
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed
- Dismantles and installs furniture
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees, contractors and vendors
- Self-starter and team player
- Must be organized and provide deliverables in support of project plans
- Integrity, reliable and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a valid Washington State Drivers License
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Must have basic understanding of how things work (facility-related)
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet
- High school diploma/GED
- Working experience as a maintenance technician or similar occupation desired
VT Volant Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VT Volant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment