Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Compiles product specifications, sources product, prepare RFQ/RFI, analyzes results and presents recommendations. Work in conjunction with engineering, operations, and quality to ensure appropriate supply chain decisions are made.
• Purchase goods and services of appropriate quality and correct quantity from qualified suppliers.
• Execute POs in a timely manner based on either MRP signals or non-inventory requirements.
• Sourcing broad range of aerospace commodities such as metals, hardware, and electro-mechanical parts from prospective and existing Suppliers
• Negotiate prices and delivery as necessary with a goal of controlling cost margin.
• Proactively manage suppliers and regularly assess performance to ensure on-time delivery of quality product.
• Provides peer review and oversight to Buyer
• Works in conjunction with Suppliers and Quality to analyze non conformances.
• Assist in resolving supplier corrective action requests.
• Use ERP system and business processes for maintaining min/max levels for inventory.
• Attend and support program meetings as required.
• Analyze bids from competing suppliers and make recommendations based on price, quality, terms and service.
• Assist in finding suppliers for new products or better suppliers for existing products.
• Manage supplier contracts.
• Assist in sales proposals for quote team to provide internal cost breakdown.
• Seek out new supplier sources to improve supply chain and reduce risk.
• Maintain Supplier Performance Rating System and communicate results to suppliers and Supply Chain Manager.
• Report key performance metrics and benchmarks to Supply Chain Manager
• Other duties may be assigned.
This job has supervisor responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• In a capacity to perform effectively with less supervision.
• A Team player that’s able to work and support all stakeholders.
• Able to identify problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively.
• Ability to negotiate, influence, and win respect.
• Able to track and support supplier to meet all KPI's as defined for on time and quality performance.
• Ability to prioritize and manage several projects at one time.
• Confidentiality – Able to maintain confidential information at all times.
• Customer Service oriented
• Holding People Accountable – able to empower others and hold accountable to deliverables.
• Team Commitment – strong work ethic and teamwork essential.
• Mechanical – Ability to read technical drawings and identify material call-outs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related degree preferred. Four or more years of purchasing experience required. MRP experience desired, ERP & Aerospace experience preferred. Two or more years of progressive experience managing suppliers.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of any ERP software; MRP system, Inventory software; Order processing systems; MS Office Skills (Excel and Words and PowerPoint).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Volant Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VT Volant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment
We are following the CDC recommendations regarding prevention of the spread of COVID. Masks are optional currently. Masks and sanitizers are provided. Vaccinations are highly recommended.
Apply Now Back