Customer Service Representative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to incoming inquiries sent in from Customers and from BD, Sales, and Marketing. Enter all applicable information into a quote log book and ERP system.
- Collect costs and understand market value when compiling a Customer quotation to help sell company services and product. Develop pricing based on input from Quote team research. Send out formal quotations within pricing limit approvals set by management.
- Produce Sales Orders and distribute to appropriate personnel internally. Communicate with accounting to verify terms and credit limits as well as setting up terms for new customers. Confirm and send order acknowledgements.
- Communicate to customer when product ships and provide all necessary documents required. Status and solve risks that may arise during processing time.
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints, returns, warranty and assist with billing issues/credits as necessary.
- Work closely with Production staff to complete quotes and obtain lead-time, pricing and availability of parts to ensure that delivery dates can be committed to.
- Continue follow-up’s internally with staff to ensure delivery dates are met on the customer’s behalf. Communicate quickly and effectively any changes in delivery schedule with Director of Sales and Marketing and customer.
- Maintain Sales Records, Quotes, and correspondence for each customer. Keep customer and sales files up to date.
- Administer Customer Furnished Equipment, work with QC to verify that we have correct data to certify, produce pricing and lead-times, and follow up with customer on approvals.
- Comply with and keep records updated properly within AS9100 guidelines.
- Obtain industry knowledge to better up sell opportunities and target new customers. Understand product and services in house to offer different solutions.
- Assist other sales team members as necessary to support department and company objectives.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years applicable experience
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and negotiation skills. Ability to motivate others in a matrix structure team environment
- Excellent organizational, customer service, communication and presentation skills
- Travel 5-10% may be required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands and finger, hands or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
VT Volant Aerospace provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, VT Volant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment